Sunday, April 18, 2010

Japan Day 11

No Tim quotes for today. Sorry! Day 11 was a lot of fun. We woke up in the morning and met Aaron in the hostel lobby. While waiting around, we met a guy from Germany named Hanas. I think that was his name, anyway. I didn't quite catch it. While waiting for Patrick to finish getting ready, the four of us decided to take in a baseball game since the stadium was right around the corner from the hostel. Since Aaron was leaving for Osaka in the evening, his stashed his stuff in our room while we went to the game.

Tickets started at about $16 each, and those were for seats up in the bleachers. For $20 we decided to get some better seats closer to the field. We ended up with some nice right field seats right below the brass section. Yes, that's right. Every team in Japan seems to have a cheering section with a small brass ensemble. It was awesome. Team spirit was very high. It was the Hiroshima Carp vs. the Nagoya Dragons. Hiroshima got off to a rocky start giving up a run in the first inning. Nagoya scored another run at the top of the 6th inning, but then Hiroshima came back and tied the game up. It was tied until the bottom of the 8th when Hiroshima scored two more runs. However, one of their pinch hitters was struck in the head by a wild pitch near the end of the inning. Fortunately, he was okay, but was unable to finish the game. With Hiroshima up 2 runs at the top of the 9th, they brought in one of their relief pitchers. With two outs and a runner on first, it was a tense final pitch, but Nagoya struck out and Hiroshima was victorious!

The baseball game was a ton of fun, but perhaps it went on a little too long. The game itself was about four hours, and we got there a couple of hours early to secure tickets. All in all, we were at the stadium for six long hours. After the game was over, Aaron grabbed his stuff from our room and then headed off to Osaka. We got his contact info so we may meet up with him again once we're back in Tokyo. After we bid our farewells, we went to a nearby okinamiyaki place for some dinner. It was delicious! Better than the first place. After dinner, we went for a walk to stretch our legs since we had been sitting just about all day. I had intended to go to the manga library, but unfortunately it was closed. We began to make our way back towards the hostel, but we were kind of lost. Only kind of. We knew we were headed in the right direction, since we could see the stadium to our right and Bic Camera (which Patrick kept calling Big Camera) to our left. Tim wandered down some strange alley, and that was the last time we saw him.

Just kidding! He did end up going the wrong way, but he found his way back to the hostel. We were all pretty exhausted, so we ended up watching some TV before bed. I was watching this awesome cop drama, but I can't remember the name! The actor in it kind of reminded me of one of my friends, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment